4 Days » Yoga and Writing Retreat in California
4 days / 3 nights
Deposit is full payment for this offer.
Sunday, August 2, 2020
Please select your options to proceed.
Wake to the beauty of birdsong and mist rising off grapevines. Meditate, journal, and take in the pristine, natural countryside
Leave your city life behind and revitalize on Sagrada's weekend yoga and writing retreat with special guest instructor Leslie St. John of Prose and Poses! Unplug and Tune In to yourself.
Tucked into the Santa Margarita mountains just a short drive from the central coast of California, this four-day retreat is a convenient way to relax in the slower pace of nature; rejuvenate with yoga, meditation, and nourishing meals; and recharge your creative expression and well-being.
Wake to the beauty of birdsong and mist rising off grapevines. Meditate, journal, and take in the pristine, natural countryside. After a light breakfast, we will practice yoga to awaken and energize the body; pranayama to open channels for creative energy flow; and meditation to sensitize the intuitive mind. At the end of class we will explore writing prompts to inspire expression. This retreat is designed to give you time and space to enjoy yoga and cultivate a deeper connection to your creative self. Evenings include organic meals lovingly prepared by Scott and Eva, blue-hour walks, fire-side storytelling, writing opportunities, hot-tub soaks, and quiet reflection under the stars.
You will leave feeling relaxed, connected, and inspired.
Natural & Holistic Therapies
Sagrada's accommodations are in our architecturally designed retreat center. The newly constructed center is designed by Co-owner and Architect Scott Currie has a contemporary, rustic, country aesthetic that offers guests a special place to reflect on peace, awareness and rejuvenation in the ranches majestic and natural landscape.
Purified spring water and an abundance of fresh local fruit is always available. A cool cleanse in Sagrada's outdoor shower is refreshing after yoga, or a walk on one of Sagrada's nature trails.
Sagrada's all-inclusive retreat is designed around a landscaped courtyard, where guests can enjoy their meals, or a glass of wine at sunset.
At the end of the day relax in the hot tub or saltwater pool under our starry night skies.
The bathrooms are shared.
Breakfast , Lunch , Dinner
Food Types Supported
Gluten Free , Organic, Raw, Regular (Meat, Poultry, Fish), Vegan, Vegetarian
Additional Things to do
Take relaxing strolls to breathtaking vistas or bring your water bottle and plan on a challenging hike up and down rolling hills and through untouched canyons. Manzanita trees, gigantic oaks, sacred mountain sage, an abundance of California poppies, wild turkey, exotic birds, will be some of the natural beauty you experience on your journey.
Trails we recommend:
- The Rinconada Hiking Trail ( 5 min from Sagrada Wellness Yoga Retreats)
- Bishops Peak Trail (15 min from Sagrada Wellness Yoga Retreats)
For all you cowgirls and cowboys put on your boots and saddle up! Enjoy a guided excursion on well-trained horses through breathtaking California terrain, taking in unspoiled nature and a plethora of wildlife. Horseback riding can be arranged for an additional fee.
- Shangri-La Ranch (5 min from Sagrada Wellness Yoga Retreats)
Experience the history and natural habitat at Historic Santa Margarita Ranch while soaring through breathtaking terrain and vineyards. Taste some of Ancient Peaks sustainable wine after your zip lining adventure.
Spa treatments / Therapies
What is included
- Accommodation with comfy linens and towels
- Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners (vegan / vegetarian options available)
- yoga and restorative classes
- Writing time guided by Leslie St. John
- Hot tub
- Plenty of free time on the majestic grounds for hiking, journaling, meditation and self-reflection.
- Acupuncture can be arranged for additional fees.
- Use of saltwater pool (spring and summer)
What is not included
- "Spa Treatments"
- "Additional things to do"
Know before you go
- Check in is after 2pm on the scheduled retreat date. Check out is around noon on the scheduled last day of the retreat.
- We are 100% solar powered - fueled by the suns brilliant rays, committed to real and organic foods, and living with feathery creatures that present us with qi filled eggs every morning.
- Most of our guests do come alone. By the end of their stay they usually have made some great new friends.
- We are about 95% vegan, 99% vegetarian and 90% gluten free. We do love an occasional crunchy baguette with local goat cheese!
- In the summer it can get warm and you will want to wear less. The winters can have cold nights and warm days, so layers are essential. Definitely, bring a sturdy pair of hiking boots.
- We don't have WiFi. We are a designated digital detox center! Enjoy the natural world and the people around you.
- But yes, your cellphone will work. We have great cell service on the ranch.
How to get there
Sagrada Wellness is located in California's Central Coast, 12 miles north of San Luis Obispo. It is midpoint between Los Angeles and San Francisco, 3.5 hour drive from each. We are about 4 miles off the famed Highway 101.
Sagrada Wellness offers all-inclusive Yoga Retreats in Santa Margarita, California just outside of San Luis Obispo (3.5 hour drive from Southern or Northern California). Positioned on a majestic hilltop, surrounded by preserved land, Sagrada Wellness is a one-of-a-kind Central Coast California yoga retreat destination. We are known for our boutique style Yoga Retreats, our sacred Sanctuary, delicious rustic cuisine and Acupuncture Services in San Luis Obispo County California.
|Activity ||General ||Services |
Posted onRestoring and RevivingSagrada Wellness is where we go to restore, reset and remember what matters. Sagrada offers the whole package of wellness-nature connection, movement, nourishing food, a good night’s sleep, and community. Scott and Eva are welcoming and attentive, and Aaron’s yoga classes are just enough balance between restoration and rejuvenation. Tony's live music during the yoga class was meditative and inspiring. We look forward to our next visit!
Diana and Craig
Posted onAmazing place for a retreat!Not only wonderful in terms of physical wellness and health, but this was also a wonderful experience for spiritual and emotional health, and even without all of that it would be a beautiful break with gorgeous property, plenty of relaxation opportunities and lovely nature walks, and I can’t say enough about the delicious food!
Posted onPeaceful, Calm Naturei was feeling overwhelmed with work/life and spending 4 days at Sagrada Wellness was a welcome respite. the natural landscape is breathtaking with lots of lovely trails to explore on my own and with the property's friendly dogs.
the family and staff who run the place are amazing and the food is a definite highlight. healthy, delicious menu and i definitely helped myself to some second helpings.
this is a place that encourage self-reflection, meditation and peace. i will definitely return again!