7 Days » Surf, Yoga & Adventure Retreat, Nicaragua
7 days / 6 nights
You can book your offer for 20% of the total amount.
Please select your options to proceed.
Rise Up Eco- Bay Resort
As two of the most ancient forms of self-expression, both surf and yoga require steady focus and breath, and flexibility and strength. In Yoga philosophy, these dualities are referred to a lot. It’s said that you cannot find balance unless you harness both the yin and the yang, sthira and sukha, steadiness and ease within your mind and body. And it’s because of this, among many other physical benefits, that Yoga is so beneficial for surfing.
Because on a yoga mat you are not battling the extreme conditions of the ocean, you have longer to explore that sense of balance. And once you cultivate it on land, it’s can be easier to apply to your time in the ocean. So when you’re feeling overwhelmed, or when the whole process of catching a wave and standing up seems to fast, you can recall the lessons you learned in Yoga to help you steady the breath and focus the mind, to help keep you present and focused.
But aside from the mental benefits that Yoga brings to the sport of surfing, there’s also the physical component as well. We’ll often observe our guests hobbling around with tight hips and stiff shoulders after their first day out in the surf. So an hour of stretching them out in our clifftop yoga shala is exactly what they need.
The hips will often get tight from straddling your surfboard, and the shoulders from paddling for hours on end. The neck can also get sore if you’re not used to holding your body in prone position for long periods of time. So why wait until you join us down here to begin practicing Yoga? start cultivating some of that strength and flexibility in your body and mind now with these 5 poses that we have found to be perfect preparation for your surfing vacation.
This surf escape is specifically designed for those who want to learn to surf or improve on their current surfing skills. Based at our beachside surf retreat in Punta Aposentillo, you’ll have access to perfect waves right on your doorstep. In the area, there are waves ideal for every level of surfing. So whether you’re a beginner or looking to progress and push your limits to improve, there’s something for you.
We offer an instructor ratio of two to one and have a maximum of fifteen guests per week. Our approach to coaching is tailored to your individual level, so whether we are in the water with you, teaching you about surf theory, or analyzing video footage of you surfing, it’s always with your personal goals in mind.
As we have a variety of waves in the region, we take you to the right waves for your level in either our 4 x4 trucks or via boat, thus making everyday a surf adventure to remember. Your surf coach is not only an experienced and professional surf coach but they are also there to truly make sure you leave with the right tools and skills to progress on your surf journey.
Natural & Holistic Therapies
- 05:30 Continental Breakfast
- 06:00 Surf
- 09:00 Hot Breakfast
- 11:00 Yoga
- 13:00 Lunch
- 15:00 Horseback Riding
- 17:00 Sunset Drinks
- 18:30 Dinner
Eco Bay Lodge rests on a 6-acre ocean front property. The resort offers 8 simple but comfortable beach style cabanas . The beach Cabanas are designed with comfort and coolness in mind. Each cabana has its own private bathroom and open-air shower — imagine showering under the stars at night — and eco-composting toilets to help reduce our water consumption. The beautifully reforested grounds include a large bar/restaurant and pool area which is the epicenter of the socializing and hanging out every day. There is also a new open air tiki-style yoga platform with views over the ocean .
Breakfast , Brunch , Lunch , Dinner , Snacks, Drinks
Food Types Supported
Gluten Free , Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, Lactose Free, Organic, Paleo Diet, Pescatarian (You take fish but not meat), Raw, Regular (Meat, Poultry, Fish), Seafood, Vegan, Vegetarian, Whole Food
Additional Things to do
When we’re not surfing or practicing yoga at Rise Up, we love to have some fun outside the camp. Here is a list of some of our favorite local activities.
Estuary trip - We do a weekly trip to explore the estuary. The mangrove forest is home to abundant wildlife such as crocodiles, iguanas, raccoons and a diverse birdlife.
Fishing - Head out ocean fishing or estuary fishing with our knowledgeable local fishing guide in our fully equipped Panga (speed boat) and catch some fish for a delicious Ceviche.
Beach games - We are blessed to be located on a large secluded beach that’s perfect for playing, volley ball, football or bocce ball when the tides are right.
SUP - The bay out front of Rise Up is perfect for Stand Up Paddle Boarding, especially during sunset. We also offer guided tours through the mangrove forest in the estuary.
Horse back riding - Take a ride along the beautiful uncrowded beach and back roads of the stunning Nicaraguan countryside that surrounds the camp.
Volcano boarding - This adventure has become very popular among tourists visiting Leon. The hike, the incredible view and the fast ride down make for an exhilarating experience.
Community tour - Take a walking tour through our community to learn about local culture. Take part in tortilla and cheese making and learn some new Spanish words.
City tour to Leon - Leon is a vibrant colonial city, it boasts Central America’s largest cathedral and is known as the capital of the revolution. Explore Leon alone or with our guides.
Spa treatments / Therapies
What is included
- 6 days of coaching - High quality surf coaching by ISA-certified surf instructors
- Surfboard - Premium surf equipment is ready for you
- Surf Video Coaching - Individual analysis of your surfing skills
- Surf Theory - Learn the surf etiquette and other helpful insights
- Photos - Your memories of a fantastic surf holiday
- Daily Yoga - Customized yoga lessons that meet your needs
- Camp Boat - Exclusive boat shuttles to the best surf breaks
- Activities - Horseback riding, Volcano Hike and Estuary Trip… Other activities are available upon request
- Camp Cars - Our driver takes you to the best surf spots and activities
- Airport Transfer - 24/7 shuttle service from and to Managua
- Food - 5 healthy meals a day – Food allergy? Just let us know
- Drinks - Water, coffee, tea, juices, sodas. Alcohol is extra.
- Accommodation - Shared 3 to 4 bedroom with AC and private bathroom
- Stand-Up paddle boards (for use in the bay out front anytime)
- Rise Up Surf Familia - Our crew is always on hand to take care of you
Guest Amenities Include
- Filtered drinking water available 24/7
- Fully-stocked guest kitchen (help yourself to snacks and drinks anytime, day or night)
- Bar and dining area (for socializing and communal dining)
- Swimming pool
- Beachfront rancho with hammocks, large sofa, rocking chairs, beach access, and outdoor shower
- Indoor lounge area filled with books and board games
- Pop-up market, selling bikinis, local jewelry, rash-guards, sunscreen and Rise Up Surf merchandise once a week
- Treehouse Yoga Studio (free to use any time)
- Yoga mats, straps, bolsters and blocks
- Ping-pong table
- A diverse selection of surfboards
- Stand-Up paddle boards (for use in the bay out front anytime)
What is not included
- International Flights
- International travel/ health insurance
- Alcoholic Drinks
- Extra photos taken by our professional in house photographer
Know before you go
Yoga is an integral part of your day and is scheduled to fit in with the daily surf sessions. The classes are suitable for all levels of students and are specifically designed to relieve the aches and pains you’ll likely get from spending a day out on the water.
No idea what your surf level is? The idea behind separating skill levels and experience before you arrive at Rise Up Surf is to help us plan your week of surf instruction in a way that will maximize your progress. It is so hard to really define what an intermediate surfer is these days, so we came up with some simple criteria to help you choose your surf level. We have 4 simple levels for you to choose from so that you can let us know your surf level when booking your trip.
- Level 1 – Beginner You’ve never seen a board before and you love the idea of surfing so you wanna give it a go! From level 1, we start at the basics of surfing and water safety. Learn how to catch waves and stand up on your own, with the correct technique. - Maybe you have surfed before, but not with any professional coaching, or it has been a long time and you’d like to start from scratch.
- Level 2 – Novice/Refresher Catching waves is becoming easier for you, but you need assistance every now and then . You’re standing up on every 1 in 3 waves, riding them all the way in towards the beach. - Have surfed a lot previously but haven’t surfed in the last year or longer.
- Level 3 – Improver You have an understanding of how to paddle out past the broken waves in 1-3 foot surf and you’re paddling into your own waves. Sometimes you still need assistance on catching waves, positioning in the line up and wave selection. You have a basic understanding of turning and trimming along the wave face but would like to improve in this area
- Level 4 – Intermediate Or Higher You’ve been surfing for a few years and can link turns and do basic maneuvers. Fully capable of surfing alone, but would like to build upon your current skill set.
And when you’re not surfing or practicing yoga? Well, the fun doesn’t stop there. By all means, relax by the pool if you want, but we always make an effort for you to experience the local culture and nature by taking you on some amazing adventures around the region.
How to get there
Fly io Augusto Cesar Sandino International Airport, Managua, Nicaragua and we will arrange transfers up arrival and departure.
The rest of the payment should be made on arrival
|Activity ||General ||Services |
Posted onAnother Amazing Surf TripEnjoyed my third surf trip with Rise Up in 5 years and they continue to blow me away. This past trip was a solo trip with them on the road in Costa Rica which was an incredible setting set deep in the jungle. The Rise Up crew are by far the most friendly people you will ever meet. No matter what your surf level is they are focused on working with you to meet your goals and enjoy your vacation to the fullest
Included we had surfing every day, yoga every day, day activities throughout and amazing meals!
Each trip I have had with them both Nicaragua and Costa Rica - I have been fortunate to meet great people to enjoy the experience with and would recommend any of their camps for anyone (solo, friends, couples and families). I am already starting to think about my next trip back!
Posted onConsistently Awesome!I just got back from a week at Rise Up, it's my 3rd time there and as in previous visits Rise Up absolutely rocked it! Beautiful people, incredible location & so much fun and laughter that I never want to leave!! The surf instruction is great and the resort is very well run and organized, creating an inviting and chill vibe all around.The perfect holiday in my opinion!! As for the safety factor in Nicaragua, I saw absolutely no signs of unrest or danger during our entire adventure. I felt completely safe and secure and will be going back to Rise Up Surf as soon as I possibly can!
Posted onAmazing food, view, surf and vibeOne of my favourite things about Rise Up Surf is the people who work there.
Everyone, from the chef to the surf instructors has the same values, health, happiness, ecology and surf. We felt like we were part of the family, and it was hard to leave.
The accommodations are so cool, I love the old house, it feels like you are part of a 70's pool party.
The hammocks and chairs are so comfy, lots of options for sun or shade.
They are always ready to offer activities that are well-priced and a ton of fun. We especially loved the wake surf and river tour.
The food is plant forward and divine.
Lastly, this is a beautiful part of Nicaragua that is not busy or occupied with tourists, it is a beautiful stretch of beach with lots to offer in terms of swim or surf.
I highly recommend this surf camp.