7 Days » Yoga, Spanish and Photography in Amazing Costa Rica
7 days / 6 nights
You can book your offer for 35% of the total amount.
According to the organizers deposit conditions limit delay, a full payment will be required for these dates.
Saturday, March 11, 2119
Please select your options to proceed.
The adventure of a lifetime is waiting for you
Learning a new language expands your outer world while improving your yoga practice gets your more in tune with your health and inner balance. This is one of our most popular combinations. Each day (M-F) consists of approximately 2 hours of Spanish class, an hour of Spanish Lab (designed to reinforce the day’s lesson with conversation, games, etc), 1,5 hour of Yoga class, plus 2 hours of Photography class.
Spanish: Our Spanish program is designed to help you become proficient and comfortable communicating in Spanish, while enjoying a relaxing and fun environment conducive to learning. Beginner 1, Beginner 2, Intermediate, and Intermediate-Advanced levels are available, in durations ranging from 1 week to 1 month and beyond.
Yoga: Class sizes are small and our experienced instructors keep learning fun and relaxed. Our certified instructors blend their training in Ashtanga, Iyengar, and Anusara yoga into the practice. Whether you are a beginner or have years of experience, our intention is for you to leave with the tools necessary to enrich and deepen your practice.”
Photography: Photography class is a mix of fun lessons, field trips, and editing in our digital darkroom suite. Beginners become acquainted with the fundamentals of photography, digital workflow, and basic digital editing. Intermediate and advanced photographers learn new shooting techniques and advanced editing, and students of all skill levels benefit from having a local guide take them to shoot at amazing locales they otherwise would never see.
Our schedule is created on a weekly base.
In terms of hours, the classes will be divided as following:
- Yoga: 1,5 hours a day, yoga mat and other equipment is included. Yoga usually is the first class or the last class of the day, so everyone is able to attend.
- Spanish; 2 hours of Spanish class and 1 hour of Spanish Lab a day.
- Photography: approximately 2 hours a day and 2-3 fieldtrips per week included.
Our beautiful facility has free Wi-Fi for our guests, a shared kitchen and dining area, 12 guestrooms, outdoor lounge, pool, garden, and lots of great spots to hang out and relax. It is located in a quiet neighborhood close to the center of town and is just a few minutes walk from the beach, dozens of great restaurants, bars, grocery stores, and everything else you could need.
Standard Shared Room - All of our shared guestrooms (double occupancy) have private bathrooms, air conditioning, ceiling fans, hot water, refrigerators, cotton sheets and comfortable beds. We will pair you with someone of the same gender and age range if you are traveling alone or you can request a roommate and we will happily accommodate you.
Private lodging - treat yourself and relax in style in one of our guestroom upgrades. We have some rooms that are allocated for use as upgraded shared rooms, or as private guest rooms. Most of them are located in the main building, which has the peaceful feel of a tropical treehouse. These rooms have one full size and one single bed, 100% cotton sheets, refridgerator, private bathroom, and A/C. Private rooms are available on a first-come first-serve basis so please reserve in advance, especially during our peak seasons (Dec-March and May-Aug)
Private deluxe lodging - Our deluxe private rooms are great for traveling couples, or just spoiling yourself with an oversized bed for those after surf siestas! These rooms have super comfortable king size beds, cotton sheets, complimentary bath towel service, A/C, refridgerators, private bathrooms, and ceiling fans. Private rooms are available on a first-come first-serve basis so please reserve in advance, especially during our peak seasons (Dec-March and May-Aug).
Additional Things to do
- Weekend Trips
What is included
- Yoga classes - 1,5 hour per day (Monday to Friday).
- Spanish classes - 2 hours per day + 1 hour of Spanish Lab, designed to reinforce the day’s lesson with conversation, games, etc. (Monday to Friday)
- Photography classes - 2 hours per day (Monday to Friday) + 3 fieldtrips per week.
What is not included
- Meals - Food is not included in our programs. Our guest rooms have refrigerators, the school has a fully equipped shared kitchen, and there is a wide array of restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance.
- Transfer from/to the airport.
- We do not provide towels or laundry service. There is a laundromat nearby. If you forget or don't want to travel with towels you can buy them in town once you arrive. It is recommended to bring an extra if you are taking yoga classes.
Know before you go
- Check-in on Sunday and check-out is always on Saturday.
- Electricity: The outlets (electricity) are the same as in the United States (110v). If you are coming from a European country, or Australia, you will need an adapter.”
- Currency: It is not necessary to change your dollars ahead of time, as they are accepted in most tourist towns and areas of Costa Rica. You can also withdraw money in the local currency through an ATM or exchange money at one of the local banks if you wish.
- Shot: For the most up to date medical information for travelers check with the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, Ga. U.S.A. www.cdc.gov/travel/camerica.htm Malaria medication and other tropical disease preventatives are usually only recommended if you plan to travel to the remote regions of the rainforest.
How to get there
You will want to fly into Juan Santa Maria airport (SJO) in San Jose.
We can arrange for an airport pickup for $90 US. When possible we help arrange car pool for guests arriving at the same time so they can share the costs.
If you would like us to organize this for you we will need your flight number, airline name and arrival date and time.
The rest of the payment should be made on arrival
|Activity ||General ||Services |
Posted onThe BEST travel/learning experienceThe School of the World was such a great time! You won't regret your experience. The staff and instructors are extremely welcoming and helpful. I did surf, spanish, and yoga. Spanish moves very quickly, so if you do not have ANY experience with Spanish you may feel overwhelmed. Surfing lessons were fantastic, especially for a beginner like me. Your body will be sore and you'll love it. I almost had a chance to meet the owners and chat with them for a while. They're very sweet people! I ran into many students who were on a long term trip and decided to pop into the school for one or two weeks to take a break from the constant hostel hopping. It's a wonderfully relaxing environment, even with all of the classes you can take.
Posted onLoved our time at School of the World!!My family and I have been home for just over two weeks and we are still talking about our time at School of the World and the great people we met there, both the staff and other guests. It was truly a highlight of 2017 and we would recommend it for anyone who has an interest in connecting with others, learning and experiencing new things, and an adventurous spirit!
Kirsten, the manager wears many hats, yet is beyond kind and approachable to one and all. The surf and yoga instructors are magical! My husband learned a lot in the photography class and he knew a lot going in so that tells you the high quality of teaching!
The communal kitchen is often where the magic happens with the other guests.
Definitely check out the two Sodas nearby where the locals eat. If you are vegan, just ask for beans and rice and you'll get it at a discounted price. The fruit stand sells great corn tortillas (and super veggies and fruit) so make your own tacos/food back at the kitchen. The green smoothies at the fruit stand are excellent!
We hope to return soon, it was that special!
Posted onSurfing & YogaTop Class beginner surf instruction and great Yoga.
Surf instruction was excellent, with lessons on body position and video coaching. The local beach break is really beginner friendly and there are plenty of places that are more testing once you improve.
Yoga was both stretching (pun intended) and entertaining. With postures and movements for beginners and those with more experience.
Kitchenette has everything you need, rooms are lovely and the staff really helpful.