7 Days » Yoga and Surf in Amazing Costa Rica
7 days / 6 nights
You can book your offer for 35% of the total amount.
According to the organizers deposit conditions limit delay, a full payment will be required for these dates.
Sunday, March 12, 2119
Please select your options to proceed.
Exercise your mind, body, and spirit
The School of the World is a Costa Rica surf camp + surf school for all skill levels, and we are one of the most established and well respected surf camps in Costa Rica. Learn to surf in the warm waters of Costa Rica any week of the year. Get ready to drop in!
Yoga and surfing are both good for your body, mind, and soul. This combination is sure to keep you feeling amazing inside and out. Surf sessions are 2 hours a day (M-F), and yoga classes are 1.5 hours each day (M-F). The yoga schedule changes weekly to accommodate the surf schedule and tides. With both yoga and surfing, the more you practice the better you get.
Surf: Our expert instructors cater to all skill levels from beginners to advanced. Warm water year round, consistent surf conditions, and local breaks for all levels of surfers, the Playa Jaco area is an amazing place to surf! The School of the World has been widely respected as one of the top surf schools in Costa Rica for over 16 years.
Beginners learn the basics of paddling, standing, and turning, as well as wave selection and other fundamental skills from our instructors, some of the best and most experienced in the country. They have completed rigorous international surf instructor and ocean lifesaver training, so you will feel comfortable and safe in the water. Here at School of the World we have been teaching people to surf day in and day out since 1997. In addition to the daily surf sessions, we also incorporate land based balance training and photo + video review sessions into our programs.
Already a surfer? Then you know great surf is a recipe of a lot of elements coming together perfectly- swell, direction, tide, wind, time of day, and season are all factors. Local knowledge is key to scoring great waves on vacation, and having a great place to hang out between surf sessions is a big bonus. Just a few reasons why surfers keep coming back to School of the World’s surf camp! Let our experienced Costa Rica surf guides show you the best waves around and help you take your surfing to the next level.
*Surf lessons generally have no more than three students per instructor.
Yoga: Class sizes are small and our experienced instructors keep learning fun and relaxed. Our certified instructors blend their training in Ashtanga, Iyengar, and Anusara yoga into the practice. Whether you are a beginner or have years of experience, our intention is for you to leave with the tools necessary to enrich and deepen your practice.
Our schedule is created on a weekly base and completely written on the tides of the ocean, the amount of people and their course combinations. Therefore, it changes every week.
In terms of hours, the classes will be divided as following:
Surf: 1 session (2 hours) a day, transportation to the beach, surfboard and instructor is included. Based on the tides, surf can take place anywhere between 6am and 4pm.
Yoga: 1,5 hours a day, yoga mat and other equipment is included. Yoga usually is the first class or the last class of the day, so everyone is able to attend.
Our beautiful facility has free Wi-Fi for our guests, a shared kitchen and dining area, 12 guestrooms, outdoor lounge, pool, garden, and lots of great spots to hang out and relax. It is located in a quiet neighborhood close to the center of town and is just a few minutes walk from the beach, dozens of great restaurants, bars, grocery stores, and everything else you could need.
Standard Shared Room - All of our shared guestrooms (double occupancy) have private bathrooms, air conditioning, ceiling fans, hot water, refrigerators, cotton sheets and comfortable beds. We will pair you with someone of the same gender and age range if you are traveling alone or you can request a roommate and we will happily accommodate you.
Private lodging - treat yourself and relax in style in one of our guestroom upgrades. We have some rooms that are allocated for use as upgraded shared rooms, or as private guest rooms. Most of them are located in the main building, which has the peaceful feel of a tropical treehouse. These rooms have one full size and one single bed, 100% cotton sheets, refridgerator, private bathroom, and A/C. Private rooms are available on a first-come first-serve basis so please reserve in advance, especially during our peak seasons (Dec-March and May-Aug)
Private deluxe lodging - Our deluxe private rooms are great for traveling couples, or just spoiling yourself with an oversized bed for those after surf siestas! These rooms have super comfortable king size beds, cotton sheets, complimentary bath towel service, A/C, refridgerators, private bathrooms, and ceiling fans. Private rooms are available on a first-come first-serve basis so please reserve in advance, especially during our peak seasons (Dec-March and May-Aug).
Additional Things to do
- Weekend Trips
What is included
- Surf classes - 2 hours per day (Monday to Friday).
- Yoga classes - 1,5 hour per day (Monday to Friday).
What is not included
- Meals - Food is not included in our programs. Our guest rooms have refrigerators, the school has a fully equipped shared kitchen, and there is a wide array of restaurants and grocery stores within walking distance.
- Surfboards are provided for use during class, however to minimize our equipment loss and damage we do not loan them out after class. If you wish to surf outside of class time you will need to bring your own board or rent one from a surf shop in town. Surfboards cost about $10-20 per day to rent.
- Wetsuits: Costa Rican waters are warm and you will not need a wetsuit. Rashguards are recommended as they protect from the sun and surfboard wax rashes. If you cannot buy one before you arrive there are many surf shops in town where you can get one.
- We do not provide towels or laundry service. There is a laundromat nearby. If you forget or don't want to travel with towels you can buy them in town once you arrive. It is recommended to bring an extra if you are taking surfing or yoga classes.
- Transfer from/to the airport.
Know before you go
- Check-in on Sunday and check-out is always on Saturday.
- Electricity: The outlets (electricity) are the same as in the United States (110v). If you are coming from a European country, or Australia, you will need an adapter.”
- Currency: It is not necessary to change your dollars ahead of time, as they are accepted in most tourist towns and areas of Costa Rica. You can also withdraw money in the local currency through an ATM or exchange money at one of the local banks if you wish.
- Shot: For the most up to date medical information for travelers check with the Center for Disease Control in Atlanta, Ga. U.S.A. www.cdc.gov/travel/camerica.htm Malaria medication and other tropical disease preventatives are usually only recommended if you plan to travel to the remote regions of the rainforest.
How to get there
You will want to fly into Juan Santa Maria airport (SJO) in San Jose.
We can arrange for an airport pickup for $90 US. When possible we help arrange car pool for guests arriving at the same time so they can share the costs.
If you would like us to organize this for you we will need your flight number, airline name and arrival date and time.
The rest of the payment should be made on arrival
|Activity ||General ||Services |
Posted onA great place to meet new people and learn something new!I spent a week at the School of the World months ago and often recall the amazing time I spent there. Met some great people from all over the world who shared the same desire to learn and meet new friends. I can't say enough about the great staff at the school, Alonso, Alejandra, Christian, and Ivan were all fantastic!!! There will be a day when I return to the School of the World.
Don't forget to visit the Fruteria el Pueblo down the way...numero siete is the way to go!
Posted onBest Time Ever!I went here for a week for surf and yoga. I stayed for two. I met so many new people from all over the world. It was a great experience.
The 5 rating doesn't do it justice. The people who work there, teach, instruct etc are so nice and friendly. The surf instructors are very patient with you and help you to get the best out of your experience.
I did the Tres Pilas waterfall tour on the weekend. It was so relaxing. The waterfall jumping couldn't be beat.
I went based upon the reviews on trip advisor and definitely was not steered wrong. I went solo, but after the first day, I had made so many new friends, it was hard not to keep busy.
I would recommend SOTW to anyone without hesitation. It will be my Christmas present to my daughter.
Posted onOne of the best things I've ever done!Can't rate this place enough, beautiful people beautiful experiences and amazing vibes. If you wanna learn how to surf come here ! jaco is a bit of a weird town but it's worth it to come just for this place. The yoga is amazing, Lucia is a great teacher and a beautiful soul... And ALL the surfing instructors are 100% dedicated to make sure you get a genuine fun surfing experience. Ehab is also awesome and so helpful. The whole experience was exactly what I wanted, can't wait to come back xxx