8 Days » Surf & Yoga Adventure in Guatemala
8 days / 7 nights
You can book your offer for 20% of the total amount.
Please select your options to proceed.
JOIN US IN GUATEMALA
Our Guatemala retreat is for surfers of all levels, from pure beginner to advanced. We chose this destination for it’s laidback spirit, consistent swell and untouched black sand beaches. We’re confident you’ll love the all around good vibes in Guatemala.
Because the beaches in Guatemala face directly South, they pick up just about every swell that rolls along the Pacific and over to Guatemala. You will be surfing mostly beach breaks and river mouths with some opportunities to surf secret point breaks if the swell is right. The break works on anything from knee high to double overhead and not a day goes by where the waves are not surfable. We surf in small groups to ensure that you work closely with your coach all week and maximize your experience in and out of the water.
Natural & Holistic Therapies
Yoga is an integral part of our days at Rise Up and is scheduled to compliment the daily surf sessions. When you’re not surfing or practicing yoga, you can participate in the following organized activities:
- A boat cruise through an estuary
- Take a cooking class with a local family
- Dinner out at a local restaurant
- An afternoon volunteering at a local NGO
Our resort in Guatemala is a rustic, yet elegant and cozy barefoot boho-chic atmosphere with very comfortable rooms, an incredible pool and an awesome social area. This is coupled with the fact that is only a minute to the closest surf spot.
Breakfast , Brunch , Lunch , Dinner , Snacks, Drinks
Food Types Supported
Gluten Free , Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, Lactose Free, Organic, Paleo Diet, Pescatarian (You take fish but not meat), Raw, Regular (Meat, Poultry, Fish), Seafood, Vegan, Vegetarian, Whole Food
Additional Things to do
- Boat cruise in the estuary
- afternoon volunteering at local NGO
- Cooking class with local family
- Dinner out at a local restaurant
- Day trip to Antigua
- Extra yoga classes
Spa treatments / Therapies
What is included
6 days of coaching
6 Days of intensive surf coaching. Learn proper surf etiquette, how to read waves, and other tips to help you out in the water.
Everything you need to get out in the water: boards, wax and leashes.
Surf Videos & Photos
Take home all your photos and videos, as well as analyze your surfing to help you improve on your next wave.
Daily Yoga & Fitness Class
Our goal is for our guests to leave in better shape than they arrived. Join our instructors in quality Yoga and fitness classes.
Horseback riding, Volcano Hike and Estuary Trip… Other activities are available upon request
Everything is taken care of the second you grab your luggage. Our team takes you to and from our Destination for a hassle free trip.
Food & Drinks
Catered to any and all diets but with a focus on a plant based menu always.
Shared 3 to 4 bedroom with AC and private bathroom
We always spend time connecting with a local community project to spark giving back.
What is not included
- International flight to Guatemala City
- Travel Insurance
- Photos taken by our professional photographer
- Alcoholic drinks, souvenirs and tips
Know before you go
Yoga is an integral part of your day and is scheduled to fit in with the daily surf sessions. The classes are suitable for all levels of students and are specifically designed to relieve the aches and pains you’ll likely get from spending a day out on the water.
No idea what your surf level is? The idea behind separating skill levels and experience before you arrive at Rise Up Surf is to help us plan your week of surf instruction in a way that will maximize your progress. It is so hard to really define what an intermediate surfer is these days, so we came up with some simple criteria to help you choose your surf level. We have 4 simple levels for you to choose from so that you can let us know your surf level when booking your trip.
- Level 1 – Beginner You’ve never seen a board before and you love the idea of surfing so you wanna give it a go! From level 1, we start at the basics of surfing and water safety. Learn how to catch waves and stand up on your own, with the correct technique. - Maybe you have surfed before, but not with any professional coaching, or it has been a long time and you’d like to start from scratch.
- Level 2 – Novice/Refresher Catching waves is becoming easier for you, but you need assistance every now and then . You’re standing up on every 1 in 3 waves, riding them all the way in towards the beach. - Have surfed a lot previously but haven’t surfed in the last year or longer.
- Level 3 – Improver You have an understanding of how to paddle out past the broken waves in 1-3 foot surf and you’re paddling into your own waves. Sometimes you still need assistance on catching waves, positioning in the line up and wave selection. You have a basic understanding of turning and trimming along the wave face but would like to improve in this area
- Level 4 – Intermediate Or Higher You’ve been surfing for a few years and can link turns and do basic maneuvers. Fully capable of surfing alone, but would like to build upon your current skill set.
And when you’re not surfing or practicing yoga? Well, the fun doesn’t stop there. By all means, relax by the pool if you want, but we always make an effort for you to experience the local culture and nature by taking you on some amazing adventures around the region.
The rest of the payment should be made on arrival
|Activity ||General ||Services |
Posted onCosta Rican Jungle Paradise, Plus Surfing, Laughter and FunWow, just WOW!!!
We've loved Rise Up Surf for years, and spent many a holiday at their location in Nicaragua. This summer I had the joy of surfing with them on one of their "On the Road" locations in the Osa Peninusla. It was AMAZING!
First of all, the crew is top notch! What a great group of humans! From surf instruction, to yoga, to in-water photography, to hospitality, to food! I mean, this group is awesome!
We surfed several local breaks and had a blast. We laughed our faces off, enjoyed the amazing jungle around us, including several amazing jungle hikes.
Posted onRise Up Costa Rica - IncredibleFirst trip with Rise Up, spent a week surfing in Costa Rica. Amazing location, coaching, food, hosts, yoga, photos, monkeys, new friends, and waves. There are so many good things about Rise Up. Join the familia, you won't regret it.