8 Days » Surf and Yoga Retreat in Barbados
8 days / 7 nights
You can book your offer for 35% of the total amount.
According to the organizers deposit conditions limit delay, a full payment will be required for these dates.
Saturday, November 30, 2120
Please select your options to proceed.
A Paradisal Escape to a Magical Caribbean Island
Our surf retreat in Barbados is one where local knowledge offers an experience that you simply wouldn’t have otherwise. We get you to the surf spots in Barbados that are off the grid, making it an experience you won’t forget.
All year round, Barbados is blessed with so many fun waves on all sides of the island and, luckily, we know how to find all the ones that are not on the map. What’s even better than the crystal clear waters are the near-empty beaches—perfect for beginners learning to surf or dedicated surfers looking to ride some serious waves. On this trip, we’ll take you to some of the best surf spots in the caribbean, with minimal to no crowds everyday.
Whether you’re new to yoga, practice daily, or love meditation, you’ll quickly fall into rhythm in the lush open-air space where we practice in Barbados. Surrounded by tropical gardens is where you’ll reset and find balance in between your surf sessions. Yoga is offered daily by highly experienced teachers who tailor classes to the needs of the group — the perfect compliment to surfing and a way to connect with yourself and feel your best.
Our food philosophy is centered around fueling your body properly for the week using fresh and local ingredients. Our chefs create delicious and nutritious meals that cater to every kind of dietary need. We enjoy all of our meals family-style seated at the villa’s antique dining table. We include 3 healthy meals a day, plus snacks and dessert! You will surely face each day feeling happy and healthy.
Natural & Holistic Therapies
The villa in Barbados is one of Rise Up’s more luxurious destinations where you’ll settle into a charming and colorful two-story home surrounded by a beautiful garden and swaying palm trees. When you’re not surfing, claim a floating lounger by the pool, relax in the open-plan living areas, or explore the vibrant village.
- 7 bedrooms spread throughout the home
- Master suite available with ensuite bathroom, walk-in closets and French doors leading to a private terrace
- Other rooms come with dressing rooms, most with French doors to a patio, the garden, pool or deck
- A/C & ceiling fans
- WiFi – but we recommend disconnecting!
Breakfast , Lunch , Dinner
Food Types Supported
Regular (Meat, Poultry, Fish), Vegetarian
Additional Things to do
Explore the vibrant culture of Barbados—known for its rich history, delicious food and artistic communities. Bajan’s are known to embrace life, and you will immediately feel at home and welcomed. With over 70 miles of white sand beaches and crystal clear waters, it won’t take long to see why we love this beautiful surf destination. Here are the adventures we will take you on to experience the unique island of Barbados.
- Go on a catamaran cruise: swim with sea turtles, snorkel and drink the local rum
- Hike and horseback ride on the rugged east coast
- Cruise on a glass-bottom boat for sunset
- Enjoy a meal with us at our favorite local restaurant
Kitesurfing, golf, fishing and tours to Harrison’s Cave or St. Nicolas Abbey are available at extra cost.
Spa treatments / Therapies
What is included
- 8 days/7 nights accommodation
- Food & drinks (alcohol extra)
- 1 yoga class per day
- 6 days of surf coaching
- Surfboard rental (full quiver!)
- Surf videos (photos extra)
- Airport transfers (to and from)
- Opportunity to give back
What is not included
- International flights
- Travel Insurance
- Additional activities – SUP lessons, Kite surfing lessons, fishing
- Extra cash for alcoholic drinks, souvenirs and tips
Know before you go
Yoga is an integral part of your day and is scheduled to fit in with the daily surf sessions. The classes are suitable for all levels of students and are specifically designed to relieve the aches and pains you’ll likely get from spending a day out on the water.
No idea what your surf level is? The idea behind separating skill levels and experience before you arrive at Rise Up Surf is to help us plan your week of surf instruction in a way that will maximize your progress. It is so hard to really define what an intermediate surfer is these days, so we came up with some simple criteria to help you choose your surf level. We have 4 simple levels for you to choose from so that you can let us know your surf level when booking your trip.
- Level 1 – Beginner You’ve never seen a board before and you love the idea of surfing so you wanna give it a go! From level 1, we start at the basics of surfing and water safety. Learn how to catch waves and stand up on your own, with the correct technique. - Maybe you have surfed before, but not with any professional coaching, or it has been a long time and you’d like to start from scratch.
- Level 2 – Novice/Refresher Catching waves is becoming easier for you, but you need assistance every now and then . You’re standing up on every 1 in 3 waves, riding them all the way in towards the beach. - Have surfed a lot previously but haven’t surfed in the last year or longer.
- Level 3 – Improver You have an understanding of how to paddle out past the broken waves in 1-3 foot surf and you’re paddling into your own waves. Sometimes you still need assistance on catching waves, positioning in the line up and wave selection. You have a basic understanding of turning and trimming along the wave face but would like to improve in this area
- Level 4 – Intermediate Or Higher You’ve been surfing for a few years and can link turns and do basic maneuvers. Fully capable of surfing alone, but would like to build upon your current skill set.
And when you’re not surfing or practicing yoga? Well, the fun doesn’t stop there. By all means, relax by the pool if you want, but we always make an effort for you to experience the local culture and nature by taking you on some amazing adventures around the region.
How to get there
Near Airport: Grantley Adams International Airport (BGI / TBPB)
The rest of the payment should be made on arrival
|Activity ||General ||Services |