14 Days » Surf & Yoga Retreat in Nicaragua
14 days / 13 nights
You can book your offer for 35% of the total amount.
According to the organizers deposit conditions limit delay, a full payment will be required for these dates.
Friday, December 31, 2021
Please select your options to proceed.
A Tranquil and Secluded Surf Retreat in Northern Nicaragua
Northern Nicaragua is Rise Up’s original destination where the owners of Rise Up have called home for over fifteen years. Our connection to the community and passion for this perfectly isolated surf spot in Nicaragua makes this one of the most authentic surf retreats in Central America!
Eco Bay is one of our special retreat locations in Northern Nicaragua! This trip promises the same quality Rise Up experience as our primary location, but at a different eco-friendly resort—a tropical and tranquil paradise.
Nicaragua is Rise Up’s original destination where the owners of Rise Up have called home for over fifteen years. Our connection to the community and passion for this perfectly isolated surf spot in Nicaragua makes this one of the most authentic surf retreats in Central America!
Surf amongst palm trees on the black sand beaches of Northern Nicaragua. From small long-boarding waves, to fast and barreling A-frames, surfing in Nicaragua is great for all levels and for anyone who wants to learn how to surf. The beach directly in front of the resort is a peeling left hand reef break that works on medium to large swells. We are also a short drive from the famous “Boom”—one of the best waves in the world to learn how to get barrelled. Because of our isolated location, this is where you can surf the emptiest waves in Nicaragua, and we make sure to take you to the best breaks each day based on the conditions.
Whether you’re new to yoga, practice every day, or love meditation, you’ll quickly fall into rhythm with the sound of the waves. In an open air tiki-style yoga platform surrounded by tropical plants and flowers is where you’ll unwind between surf sessions. Yoga is offered daily by highly experienced teachers who tailor classes to the needs of the group—the perfect compliment to surfing and a way to connect with yourself and feel your best.
Learn how the locals do! Get to know the place where Rise Up began. Nicaragua is where much of our Rise Up familia staff call home, and we are very proud to be part of this community. The week is packed full of adventures so you can immerse yourself in the land of lakes and volcanoes.
Our food philosophy at Rise Up is centered around fueling your body properly for the week using fresh and local ingredients. Our chefs create delicious and nutritious meals that cater to every kind of dietary need. We enjoy all of our meals family-style in the open-air thatched roof dining area. We include 4 healthy meals a day, plus appetizers and dessert! You will surely face each day feeling happy and healthy.
Here’s an example of a daily menu:
- Cold breakfast: fresh fruit, banana bread, homemade peanut butter, yogurt, coconut & almond granola, fresh juice of the day, coffee and tea
- Hot brunch: mango-chia chocolate yogurt cup, scrambled eggs, tomato basil salad, roasted veggies, avocado toast, and gallo pinto (a Nicaragua favorite!)
- Lunch: veggie burger with beetroot hummus, cabbage salad, and fried plantain
- Appetizer: local fish ceviche!
- Dinner: thai green curry, green mango with friend rice
- Dessert: roasted banana with rum toffee sauce and coconut cookie
Natural & Holistic Therapies
- 05:30 Continental Breakfast
- 06:00 Surf
- 09:00 Hot Breakfast
- 11:00 Yoga
- 13:00 Lunch
- 15:00 Horseback Riding
- 17:00 Sunset Drinks
- 18:30 Dinner
This specialty location in Northern Nicaragua rests on a 6-acre ocean front property surrounded by endless coconut, mango, avocado, lime, papaya and orange trees. You will wake up and fall asleep to the sound of the waves, relax in a hammock by the pool and common areas, and watch the beautiful sunsets on the beach. Each eco-friendly cabana is designed with comfort and coolness in mind—built using local pine and eucalyptus woods and local palm thatch for the roofs. This tranquil resort is truly one of the most beautiful places to stay in Nicaragua—a tropical dream!
- 8 simple but comfortable beach style cabanas
- Private bathroom with alfresco showers (shower under the stars!)
- Private patio with hammock
- Ceiling fans
- WiFi – but we recommend disconnecting!
Breakfast , Brunch , Lunch , Dinner , Snacks, Drinks
Food Types Supported
Gluten Free , Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, Lactose Free, Organic, Paleo Diet, Pescatarian (You take fish but not meat), Raw, Regular (Meat, Poultry, Fish), Seafood, Vegan, Vegetarian, Whole Food
Additional Things to do
When we’re not surfing or practicing yoga at Rise Up, we love to have some fun outside the camp. Here is a list of some of our favorite local activities.
Estuary trip - We do a weekly trip to explore the estuary. The mangrove forest is home to abundant wildlife such as crocodiles, iguanas, raccoons and a diverse birdlife.
Fishing - Head out ocean fishing or estuary fishing with our knowledgeable local fishing guide in our fully equipped Panga (speed boat) and catch some fish for a delicious Ceviche.
Beach games - We are blessed to be located on a large secluded beach that’s perfect for playing, volley ball, football or bocce ball when the tides are right.
SUP - The bay out front of Rise Up is perfect for Stand Up Paddle Boarding, especially during sunset. We also offer guided tours through the mangrove forest in the estuary.
Horse back riding - Take a ride along the beautiful uncrowded beach and back roads of the stunning Nicaraguan countryside that surrounds the camp.
Volcano boarding - This adventure has become very popular among tourists visiting Leon. The hike, the incredible view and the fast ride down make for an exhilarating experience.
Community tour - Take a walking tour through our community to learn about local culture. Take part in tortilla and cheese making and learn some new Spanish words.
City tour to Leon - Leon is a vibrant colonial city, it boasts Central America’s largest cathedral and is known as the capital of the revolution. Explore Leon alone or with our guides.
Spa treatments / Therapies
What is included
- 13 days of personalized surf coaching
- Intro to surfing
- Beach session
- Surf theory classes
- Paddle school
- Video analysis
- 1:1 feedback
- Professional surf photos (extra cost)
- Daily transport to and from the best surf breaks
What is not included
- Alcoholic drinks
- Tips for staff
Know before you go
Yoga is an integral part of your day and is scheduled to fit in with the daily surf sessions. The classes are suitable for all levels of students and are specifically designed to relieve the aches and pains you’ll likely get from spending a day out on the water.
No idea what your surf level is? The idea behind separating skill levels and experience before you arrive at Rise Up Surf is to help us plan your week of surf instruction in a way that will maximize your progress. It is so hard to really define what an intermediate surfer is these days, so we came up with some simple criteria to help you choose your surf level. We have 4 simple levels for you to choose from so that you can let us know your surf level when booking your trip.
- Level 1 – Beginner You’ve never seen a board before and you love the idea of surfing so you wanna give it a go! From level 1, we start at the basics of surfing and water safety. Learn how to catch waves and stand up on your own, with the correct technique. - Maybe you have surfed before, but not with any professional coaching, or it has been a long time and you’d like to start from scratch.
- Level 2 – Novice/Refresher Catching waves is becoming easier for you, but you need assistance every now and then . You’re standing up on every 1 in 3 waves, riding them all the way in towards the beach. - Have surfed a lot previously but haven’t surfed in the last year or longer.
- Level 3 – Improver You have an understanding of how to paddle out past the broken waves in 1-3 foot surf and you’re paddling into your own waves. Sometimes you still need assistance on catching waves, positioning in the line up and wave selection. You have a basic understanding of turning and trimming along the wave face but would like to improve in this area
- Level 4 – Intermediate Or Higher You’ve been surfing for a few years and can link turns and do basic maneuvers. Fully capable of surfing alone, but would like to build upon your current skill set.
And when you’re not surfing or practicing yoga? Well, the fun doesn’t stop there. By all means, relax by the pool if you want, but we always make an effort for you to experience the local culture and nature by taking you on some amazing adventures around the region.
How to get there
Fly io Augusto Cesar Sandino International Airport, Managua, Nicaragua and we will arrange transfers up arrival and departure.
Refundable up to 60 days from start date
The rest of the payment should be made on arrival
|Activity ||General ||Services |
Availability Notes / comments.
COVID-19 & Nicaragua
Our main concern is making sure your surf retreat in Nicaragua is a great experience from beginning to end—including your preparation! We understand that there’s a lot of travel information out there about COVID, so we’ve gathered the information in one place so you don’t have to worry about searching the internet for the most up to date information.
We know this isn’t the fun part, but no stress—in no time, the only thing we’ll be sharing with you are waves!
- Nicaragua officially reopened to tourism on July 14th, 2020, and visitors from all countries are welcome with proof of a negative PCR test.
- Currently, the only flights available to Nicaragua are through Avianca Airlines.
- Nicaragua does not have any covid-related country bans or restrictions. All nations that could enter Nicaragua before covid are once again permitted to enter under regular visa requirements.
- Most nations visiting Nicaragua do not need to apply for a visa beforehand, as 92 countries can visit visa-free for 90 days, and another 73 countries are eligible for a visa-on-arrival. Visa-free countries include: USA, Canada, UK, Mexico, Australia, and many more.
- Anyone who enters Nicaragua is required to have a “negative for COVID-19” certificate, with a negative COVID-19 test result.
- This test must be taken no more than 72 hours before arrival—this includes transits.
- All arrivals will be screened at the airport
- Prior to landing in Nicaragua, airlines must submit photocopies of the passports of passengers and flight crew 72 hours prior for authorization. Contact your airline or travel provider for updates.
- Face masks are required during the flight as well as upon arrival at the Managua airport
No passengers will be allowed to travel:
- With quick or blood test results for COVID-19.
- Do not present the original PRC test results at the airport.
- Do not send to the airline the copy of the test in the times detailed above.
- Who present respiratory symptoms or fever.
- That they do not meet the requirements requested by the country’s authorities.
- There are no quarantines as long as the above testing requirement is fulfilled. We recommend that you check your country of origin’s quarantine information upon return from Nicaragua.
- Travel Insurance
- While not a mandatory requirement, all visitors to Nicaragua should have valid travel health insurance that also covers COVID.
- We operate in open-air spaces and all activities, surf lessons, and other activities are outdoors, we do not expect much to change about the Rise Up Surf experience. That said, we have implemented some extra measures to ensure you feel extra safe during your stay:
- Hand sanitizing stations will be set up in key areas in the resorts. All guests are required to sanitize upon arrival, and each time they enter from their rooms.
- Greater distance in lounge and dining areas, yoga space, and during surf classes and video feedback sessions will be implemented—observing the 2m distance rule. Dining will take place in our outdoor rancho and only plated meals will be served.
- We will assign guests a personal yoga mat, block, and strap to use throughout the week. You are welcome to bring your own.
- All our vehicles for airport transfers or surf trips will be disinfected before and after every trip. All drivers will wear masks at all times.
- All team members will be monitored closely and anyone with any flu-like symptoms will be sent home immediately.
- All the staff in contact with guests will wear masks when the 2m rule can not be observed and will change clothes upon arrival.
- Hand washing will take place every 30 minutes, and every 15 minutes for our chef—washing of hands will be mandatory upon each entry to the kitchen.
- There will be an increased disinfection of common spaces.
- Masks and gloves will be worn by housekeeping staff at all times, and changed between each room.
- We will verify daily if guests would like their room to be cleaned or not.
- We require all guests to confirm no cold or flu-like symptoms 48 hours from arrival.
- We ask guests to be respectful of other guests and our staff and keep a safe distance— please consider your room/group your bubble.
- We will not enforce distancing as per local Nicaragua policies.
- Masks are not required, but we ask that when unable to safely distance from others, guests use their discretion.
- We ask that guests bring their own masks.
- Unfortunately, testing is not fool-proof and might be taken pre-incubation. We must also acknowledge the potential for travel exposure, post-test results/arrival. Although arriving with a negative COVID test result is required by the government, and we will not require on-site mask-wearing, we do ask that you wear a mask when appropriate such as heading out into the local community.
- These procedures are subject to change as new measures may be imposed by the Ministry of Health.
COVID Cancellation Policy
- All deposits/ payments are -non-refundable but can be used towards a future retreat at any location until December 31st, 2021 with a 10 days notice via email.
- In case of last minute cancellation (within a week ) related to COVID, Rise Up will make an effort to make your deposit valid until 2022. Every case will be evaluated individually.
- Rise Up requires all guests to confirm a lack of COVID symptoms 48 hours from arrival via email.
- Rise Up cannot offer any COVID related refunds once a guest has arrived.
- Once onsite if you present symptoms or feel sick then we will ask you to self-isolate and we will provide all the help we can, to get you to Managua to get a PCR test and treatment if necessary.
- We strongly recommend purchasing refundable airline tickets for travel Nicaragua and also travel insurance that covers all possible issues related to travel including delays or change of schedules.
- We will do our best to update this page as requirements change. We highly recommend double checking your country’s guidelines, airline, and/or embassy information.
Posted onThe most amazing trip of my life.I'm not going to take too long with this comment saying cos all before me, all. This is the most relaxed and welcoming place you will ever experience. It's not a 5 star luxury resort, but I was never under that impression nor was I waiting for anything my whole trip.
I'm 26 years old female in Brooklyn. I went for my self and was a little nervous, but from the second, I was chosen by my driver with 2 other ladies (both individual) all my fears were ignored. All the other guests became my instant friends and I never felt alone or anything.
I felt safe and extremely happy all the time in and out of the water. The food was amazing and you don't feel disconnected from the local village in all the mixed staff of emigrants and residents makes you feel at home.
The surfing was amazing and the beaches are deserted!
I CANNOT recommend this place enough!
Some guests went for duty free at the airport because they were worried that it will not be enough drink and that almost never even opened (until you decided to show the crew how to make a melon party (vodka watermelon)) When every time you wanted beer or rum went there for you, snacks all there is every time you wanted.
I am already planning a trip back this time bringing some friends to share with the magic.
Basically, just GO. Book TRAVEL AND GO TO YOURSELF.
ALSO DON'T FORGET to bring a load of top money TO THE TEAM at YOUR END OF TRAVEL!! THEY are worth the $$ HOW YOU CAN afford to have it all imposed is pure magic
Posted onPlaying the New Year at the Clinic!A spontaneous impulse to get out of the hustle and bustle of city life (for me from LA, my friend from Toronto) had us looking at surfing fields in Central America that landed on the sail. Phil is the gentle owner/operator I've met at any resort/ vacation destination. Oscar, Sherrie & Norbin were excellent surf coaches for beginner surfers. The food was amazing and creative and healthy and we were never hungry, courtesy of Jamie the extraordinary chef. Mostly vegetarian but with occasional fish or chicken starters and mainly local sustainable ingredients. We loved hanging out with the staff all week, everyone was super cool, relaxed, welcoming and fun. Our yoga instructor - Steph - was excellent at guiding the practice based on how everyone was feeling after all the surf sessions. I loved her vibe and encouragement, although she's only at camp for a short period of time. Overall, it was a great ride for the New Year. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with air conditioning and private bathrooms in Aposentillo. It is the youngest camp on the North Pacific Coast that has just opened and a beautiful property. I loved getting up early to have my coffee in Sunrise looking at the view where the pool halls went. The camp exceeded my expectations and I would get here in a flash! Thanks Phil & team!
Posted onBest kept secret on Pacific coast!Rise Up Surf is absolutely perfect for those who like to live on the beach and surf whenever they please with the waves all for you.
The quality of the food was excellent!!!! 4 Big, varied and fresh meals a day ... The team was as good as they come and provide some fun trips between surf sessions. They also make a great margarita: ) :) :
For beginners and intermediate surfers this place is the sky. Frequent waves of medium size in a perfect sand-pasia. If I needed instruction, there would always be an instructor nearby ready to help.
Accommodation was in excellent condition, clean rooms with AC and the beds were excellent. The bathrooms are shared but they are cleaned every day.
I have nothing but the great things to say about this place! I had many hit & miss so much in Costa Rica, Nicaragua, but this place was a big success: -)