8 Days » Fitness and Wellness Retreat in Mozambique, Africa
8 days / 7 nights
You can book your offer for 50% of the total amount.
According to the organizers deposit conditions limit delay, a full payment will be required for these dates.
Monday, April 10, 2119
Please select your options to proceed.
Detox and Relax in Paradise
It has been known since ancient times that scent stimulates memory, imagination, dreams and wellbeing. Now, embracing the soul of essential oils, Bahia Mar SPA chose a new generation of aroma wellness for the in-house treatments. This retreat presents a sensorial journey towards balance and beauty.
Based on purist aromatherapy principles, in which essential oils are lipo-soluble, meaning they penetrate fast and deep into the skin, “aroma serums” and organic ingredients form the DNA of the extensive range, promising profound results.
Both compelling and comprehensive, our choice of treatments comprises a range for Face (Anti-Ageing, Hydrating and Rebalancing), Body (Detox and Hydrating) and Infusion Teas (flowers and loose teas) which will immerse you into an olfactory world of well-being used in different types of massages and treatments.
During these retreats you will be able to experience our purifying treatments, explore the beauty of the area, enjoy and relax in a beautiful boutique hotel and learn about the Mozambican culture and heritage.
- 8 days wellness & fitness retreat program which can be flexible according to your schedule and available anytime throughout the year;
- Taylor made workout program designed especially to hit your targets and with possibility to take it home;
- All treatments use local and organic ingredients free of chemicals and parabens;
- Located in one of the most beautiful Marine Park areas in the world, the Bazaruto National Park is the perfect destination for lovers of azure waters and marine life;
- The accommodation and facilities focus in a modern style and comfort;
- In this retreat you can mix and match a perfect holiday that will help you relax, detox, rejuvenate and at the same time allow you to explore the beauty of your surroundings;
- Far from crowds and close to untouched nature and local culture.
Natural & Holistic Therapies
Day 1 – Arrival
- Interview & assessments with personal training.
- Full Body Relaxation Massage.
- Yoga or stretch one on one.
Typical Day along the retreat
- Morning Workout & Breakfast
- A day at the SPA, a free day or a day of activities to explore the surroundings (this can include a boat trip to the islands
- or a traditional dhow tour)
- Afternoon Strength & Stretch workout
Last Day - Departure
- Morning Workout & Breakfast
- Final assessment with personal training – tips and suggestions/tips to take home
Can be flexible with free days included for activities
- 7:00-11:00 - Breakfast
- 7:00 - 9:30 - Pilates or Yoga
- 10:00 - 16:00 - Treatments according to the program with break for lunch
- 16:30 - 17:30 - Yoga
- 18:30 - Dinner
The Bahia Mar, is located where the azure waters of the Indian Ocean touch the palm fringed beaches of Vilankulos on mainland Mozambique. It is the ultimate destination for visitors wanting to experience colourful local culture as well as the fabulous beauty of the Bazaruto Archipelago.
Situated on an elevated plateau with panoramic views over the Archipelago, the lodge, á la carte restaurant, infinity pool and bar and fully equipped wellness centre offer the finest in pampering and indulgence.
Follow the path downwards to our modern boutique accommodation, where your spacious, en-suite Sea View bedroom or Beach Suite bedroom is waiting for you. Air conditioning, mini bar, Internet access and hairdryers are standard in all the bedrooms.
Verandas and indigenous gardens enhance your outdoor enjoyment and, of course, the magnificent Indian Ocean is right on your doorstep.
- Private Room/Double Room = Garden Suites
- Private Room Deluxe/Double Room Deluxe = Sea View Bedroom
- Private Room Superior/Double Room Superior = Beach Suite
Breakfast , Lunch , Dinner , Drinks
Food Types Supported
Gluten Free , Lacto-Ovo Vegetarian, Lactose Free, Organic, Pescatarian (You take fish but not meat), Regular (Meat, Poultry, Fish), Seafood, Vegan, Vegetarian
Additional Things to do
The small fishing village of Vilanculos is considered the gateway to the Bazaruto Archipelago, which consists of 5 picture-perfect islands, all situated within the National Marine Park. We are privileged to share these breath-taking attractions with our guests. We will provide free transport to and from most of the activities within Vilankulo.
DHOW TRIPS TO THE ISLANDS
Unforgettable day trips to the islands. Sailing on a traditional wooden boat (dhow), snorkelling, relaxing and strolling along the deserted, white beaches. Various dhow trips are available to the different islands.
Mozambique is one of the top 10 diving destinations in the world. The diving around the Bazaruto Archipelago is magnificent!
There are several stunning snorkelling spots within the Bazaruto Archipelago. The most famous one is ́The Aquarium ́ on the inside of two mile reef.
If you love the thrill of a big game fishing day this is the place to be ! The deep sea fishing in this area is world renown.
Bahia Mar is the best spot for kitesurfing in Vilankulo! Try a kitesurfing baptism, learn how to kitesurf or hire equipment and join a kiting safari.
Experience one of the ultimate water activities. Suitable for beginners or more experienced ones, families, or individuals. The blue and calm waters of Vilanculos’s bay are ideal for Paddle standing on a board.
Horse riding along the beach, to the dunes or around the lakes or even swimming with the horses. Great experience to get into nature and a must for the horse lovers. (Beginners are welcome).
Enjoy the stunning sunset from the water. Can’t get better!
VILANKULO GUIDED CULTURAL TOUR
Faquiri is the best guide to show us around. He’ll take you to the market, church, orphanage and will tell you all about the history of this special place.
What is included
- Accommodation with breakfast included;
- Half board A La Carte (3 course dinner, unlimited teas and fresh juices);
- Consultation and assessment on the arrival day;
- Airport transfers;
- 1 Boat trip to Bazaruto Island;
- Personalised fitness program;
- 1 one-on-one workout per day and 1 group class per day;
- 1 hour SPA treatments on arrival and departure days;
- 5 days of SPA treatments (2.5 hours per day);
- Free access to the gym, classes and all equipment.
What is not included
- Flights & VISA expenses;
- Alcoholic drinks or other drinks not included in the program;
- Any extra massages not included in the program described;
- Any extra day activities that can be booked to explore the amazing beauty of this location in Mozambique ("Additional things to do").
Know before you go
- Chef Ildo and the kitchen team have not only included a brilliant breakfast during your stay, but have also launched an amazing new A- La-Carte menu.
- The infinity pool and bar are the perfect venue to try our fresh fruit smoothies and delicious cocktails.
How to get there
Vilankulo lies at the gateway of the Bazaruto Archipelago – Mozambique’s only underwater National Park – which comprises five islands – Bazaruto, Benguerra, Margaruque, Bangue and Santa Carolina (commonly known as Paradise Island).
Vilankulos hosts an international airport with flights departing to and from Maputo and Johannesburg on a daily basis.
There are also flights from KMIA (Nelspruit) to Vilanculos twice weekly.The International Airport is serviced by LAM and by Airlink.
Bahia Mar is situated just 8km from the Vilankulo International Airport. The lodge arranges transfers for guests to and from the airport.
The roads to Vilankulos are acceptable and tarred, but look out for potholes en route; a 4x4 is not a necessity. We do not suggest travelling at night in Mozambique. Fuel is readily available, but it is suggested to fill up whenever possible. Unleaded fuel is available in Vilankulos.
The rest of the payment should be made 30 days before arrival
|Activity ||General ||Services |
Posted onNew SpaThank you Bahia Mar. Your new spa is amazing, I highly recommend the moringa exress facial treatment and the razul. Awesome service and hospitality. Very calming relaxed atmosphere and beautiful surroundings
Posted onGreat hotelWe stayed in the garden-suits on the same day as they opened. New, lovely rooms. The service from the staff is great, ecpecially Mario in the restaurant impressed us. The gym is very good, the hotel has a great spa and also alot of other activities. Great hotel